7.24.2008

Lord, How Do I Know?

When I look around me,
I see so many questions,
Countless decisions,
Waiting to be made.
But where do I start?
What is the right choice?
It seems that it could be
So much more simple,
Than what it is today.
Lord, how do I know?
How do I know,
Which way to go?
How do I know,
Even the time of day?
When is the right moment?
Where is best place?
It doesn’t make sense any more.
But even that way it doesn’t matter
At least not anymore.
Am I just endlessly floating,
Through life’s queries?
Are my feet even touching the ground,
Or do I rationalize,
And ask my self
‘What is the right way’?
Do I ignore the answer,
That sits right in front of me?
Or do I honestly not see,
What ought to be so plain.
Lord, please help me.
Help me see
And make me do.
Make me do what is right,
What is right in Your eyes,
Not mine.
There are so many mistakes
That I tend to make.
Keep me from repeating my sin.
This sin of seeking my own answers
Rather than Yours.

No comments: