9.05.2008

Today's Madness

Rushing along at a maddening speed
I see people literally running over each other.
Why is the world like this?
I find a solitary place where I can sit and watch
From where I feel safe.
But why should I?
I occupy a part of this this world
How can I be an exception.
As I ponder this thought I see a man walk by.
Totally absorbed by his own silence,
He doesn't hear shuffling footsteps coming up behind him.
There is momentary hesitation before the shuffler walks past.
On their busy way to somewhere they don't take the time notice.
Neither realizes the other.
They have never met but they pass each other everyday.
Should that not be enough, even just to cause momentary acknowledgment?
What is it about this world?
It makes people ashamed, ashamed of themselves.
Despite never having begun they fear consequences.
Consequences that do not exist.
Why should we be worried about how we are perceived?
What is being thought of us has more to do with the one who thinks it,
And less to do with the one who is being thought of.
Smiles that taken more then one way,
Motives that are questioned,
And thoughts that fail to make sence,
All add to the world of confusion.

No comments: