9.14.2008

Standing Together

There are so many things needing done.
How can I find the strength to do them all?
Why can't I get the world to rise with me?
If you all stood and joined in my pursuit,
Together we would stand and make a difference.
Why do so many people need to be rallied,
Rather than eagerly standing in wait,
Seeking a chance to volunteer and save their world?
Where did they go? Those days of glory?
When bold men and upright women served the Lord.
Today is no different so why must we search?
It should be easy to find those eager to serve.
Is it distraction, embarrassment, or uncertainty?
What this world needs is a leader.
A leader to stand for righteousness,
Boldly proclaiming the gospel,
In words and in deeds.
This is not more then I should expect,
Rather the essence of a Christian nation.

No comments: