9.07.2008

"I want to make a difference in this world." Spoken in a soft quiet voice, the little girl told her mother. "I don't want anyone who knew me to be the same after I die." In a way she is right nobody can forget what my little girl did, not now and not ever. They might not remember her name or where she came from. They may never know why she did what she did, but no one who saw her can ever be the same. She didn't rush into a burning building to save a cat. She didn't run in front of a speeding car to pull an old lady out of the path of danger. My little girl, she never saved the world by making some miraculous discovery. There will never be a planet named after her. There won't be any books written to tell the world her story. She wasn't ever anybody famous nor did she become the first to do any marvelous thing. She wasn't a queen or president. Yet her field of influence was indeed very wide and it will stretch beyond many generations. My little girl was so quiet and so simple, it was amazing, shocking really that she will always be remembered in such away.

No comments: