6.29.2008

Is Yesterday Gone Forever?

While reflecting on what I did,
I remembered how I had lived.
I had the capability;
There was a possibility.
The memories of yesterday,
Would have been the stunning bouquet,
That love and gratitude creates.
What agony my soul awaits,
In knowing that my arrogance,
Was the of cause such a grievance.
I not only stole someone's joy,
But it was my goal to destroy.
I wanted to wipe out gladness.
I was possessed by such madness,
Because my life was full of pain.
It was what I could not obtain,
That I most begrudged another.
Bits of truth I should have gathered,
Long before today's reflection.
Despite anyone's objection,
I can not change the things I've done.
The new day that has now begun,
Sealed my past and mistakes they bind,
Eternally brought to my mind.
Though guarded from interjection,
Contemplation brought correction.
Yesterday both dead and alive.
Bond by time yet still will provide,
Didactic rebuke full of truth.

No comments: