2.23.2009

Victory can be hard to come by.

In all the stories of old,
I hear of tales of men fighting,
And giving everything they had,
Striving for some great victory.

Here in this modern day and world,
Should I go ahead and battle to the finish,
Like heroes worthy of storybook fame?

Is this sorry and forgotten realm,
Capable of holding such valor?
Will it do me any good to try and win,
The hand of some fair maiden by means of honesty and truth?

The victories I want to win,
They must be hard to come by,
For I see so few with what I want to obtain.
Where do I go to find what I am seeking?

Those hunters of dragons from long, long ago,
Slayers of evil, upholders of good.
I wonder if still can be found the virtues,
Which they somehow seemed to obtained.

A knight's recognition isn't my motive or intent.
Such daring courage and bold adventure,
Similar trophies would also be fitting for a lad as myself.

No comments: