2.28.2009

Life is full of mystery.
Facing it I look the future in the eyes.
It seems so much bigger than I.
Imposing stature, and foreboding authority
Perceiving my lack of control,
He takes advantage of my every weakness.
My body is racked with worry,
Constantly distraught with anxieties,
Almost to the point of insanity.

Trying to get a grip on my life,
Trying and failing so many times.
When I think I have it going again,
I hear another trap door swing close.
Locked in from behind,
Doors barred shut in front of me.
Blindly being pushed along,
As down a cattle chute.

The way this makes me feel is hard to tell,
But perhaps you understand,
Finding this bitter description of life all to real.

Some speak of a loving God and a guiding hand,
It's so hard to believe when fate seems so cruel.
I do admit, I have no control,
Logically, some other force must be in command.

No comments: