10.08.2008

When I Learn a Sad Song ; You'll be the First Person I Sing It to.

You have stood by me all this time.
Never leaving me for anyone else.
Your faithfulness and love both clearly seen.

Who I am is so turned around.
Some times you hold me while I cry.
You comfort me when I weep.

The very next day, you find me rejoicing,
So you dance with me,
Delighting in the beauty of the day.

Seemingly twisted by confusion,
With my head bent towards the ground,
I am examining the world.

You question my questions.
Double checking my reasoning.
Try and make sure my head is on straight.

While we survey the scenery,
Pointing out discrepancies,
You show me how things are not what they are.

In noticing trivial things,
And appreciating simplicity,
My gladness brings you pleasure.

Pointing me in the right direction,
So I the way I am facing,
Might agree with the way I ought to go.

The life we live together,
Can in no way be better
Than what you are making it be.

No comments: