10.24.2008

I stand above a crowd of people,
Looking for your face amidst them all.

Searching back and forth,
My eyes wandering from person to person.
Wanting to see you, a longing I can't explain,
Would be satisfied with just one look,
Only enough to know you are alright.
Are you still alive and doing good?
It has been so long now, since I saw you last.

So many people walk by, but you are not in the group.
I am about ready to give up.
But there is still a chance you might walk past.
So I stay and wait.
It seems like every hope is gone when someone catches my eye,
With eager anticipation I turn to look,
But it is not who I was watching for.

Disappointment fills my heart. I start to walk away,
But then I realize maybe he needs ministered to.
Changing my course to walk past a lonely man sitting by the door.
I stoop to greet him, then we both stand to talk.
Visiting by gone days and discussing life,
Minutes fade away and walking together we leave the place.

A backward glance tells me the one I came to see,
still isn't there.

No comments: